Tuesday 1 December 2015

#4 Switching Energy

Changing energy supplier.

No-one should find this interesting or enjoy doing it but....

...given it’s an opportunity to reduce my monthly outgoings I actually enjoy shopping around for the best deal.

I’ve just come to the end of a 12 month fixed price term with Sainsburys paying £92 per month.

We’ve used roughly 2,500kWh of Electric over that 12 months and 11,500kWh Gas.

Cheapest provider is British Gas via a Moneysavingexpert.com link (+£30 cashback).

This will reduce my monthly direct debit down to £63 = a saving of £30 per month / £360 per year.

This is fixed for 12 months.

To prevent this additional £30 simply being swallowed up I’m going to increase my Credit Card monthly repayment to £180.

Happy with my 5 minutes this morning I shall now start the day with a leap in my stride….
  

No comments:

Post a Comment