Saturday 29 July 2017

#58 Featured Author?

I've been reading this football website for about 5 years. It's brilliant. Insightful. Takes the mick out of the rest of the football media industry which is frankly needed. And now I am a featured author on it.... sort off.

They have a twice-daily feature called the Mailbox. People write in to the editor and the best mails are published. Similar to writing a letter to a newspaper.

I wrote in for the first time in over 5 years yesterday and got top billing :)

It's the little things that make you happy!

I wrote in questioning why elite football clubs invest in youth development, a harsh view but based on economics probably sensible.

Here's my letter...



And here's the headline grabbing page...






















Obviously I'm no literary genius, I barely have a handle on English at times :), but I enjoyed this little moment.

Now I will have to wait until Monday when the next Mailbox will be published and see what counter arguments  - if any - are put forward. Hopefully they are kind and don't destroy me too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment