Wednesday 5 July 2017

#55 Cross-fit

One of my goals for 2017 was to get my weight below 14stone and be able to run 13km.

Really, the underlying goal here was to get fitter and healthier.

I've never been able to maintain going to gym as it doesn't fit into my lifestyle easily (long commuting days and too expensive).

I had some luck with maintaining a running schedule in 2016, but frankly I find it so boring and I've got dodgy shins so can only run on grass without significant pain.

I was at a bit of a loss. I've got the motivation but had not found the right solution for me.

Well last month I stumbled across Cross-Fit.

I watched on Netflix a documentary about Rich Froning -  a Cross-Fit legend it seems - and started to look into this area.

It's high intensity work-outs, for a relatively short amount of time done anywhere.

So I'm giving this a shot.

I've got a chin-up bar installed in my garage and have completed my first month of pull-ups, squats, press-ups etc.

So far, I feel a tiny bit healthier but no real visible improvement. But the main thing is I'm enjoying it so hopefully will continue.

I've just read about motivational tactics and one of the recommendations was to take pictures after each work-out and share them... luckily I had thought pictures was a good idea but hadn't shared them. I won't share on Facebook or anything like that but I think putting them up here might help with motivation.

So my plan is work-out every other day, push myself as hard as I can in each work-out, keep a record of my best achievements to compare progress and upload photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment