Thursday 5 March 2020

#104 March Dividend Portfolio Decision

Exciting times. I'm buying shares again!!

Last time out I reviewed BNZL, DGE and BWY.

All three ticked the box and were recommended to buy.

BNZL wins the dividend history.
BWY wins the best recent increases in EPS.
Dividend cover and payout ratios are all positive and drawn.
BWY wins with the lowest (almost half) for the Price to Earnings ratio.
DGE trumps the others with significantly the largest operation margins.

They all have HL Broker consensus of Buy.

In the end I'll probably purchase all three fairly soon. So it's a case of if the underlying businesses are buy-able, which one offers the best return now.

According to my spreadsheet, based on current yield and average dividend growth in the last 5 years BWY offers significantly higher returns over the next 10 years.

I have a slight concern that their market is UK property whereas the other two are global and more diversified. But that really isn't part of my screening and shouldn't cloud my judgement.

So BWY were purchased. 

I purchased 5 shares at a total cost, inclusive of charges, for £190.91. Working out at an average per share cost of £38.38.

This takes my forecast annual dividend payments from £15.83 up to £23.33.











No comments:

Post a Comment