Friday 23 February 2018

#86 Stock Screen v2

So, I was all set to purchase my first stock to go into my dividend growth fund when I realised that I hadn't placed a limit on the size of the company.

My desire is to build a portfolio of 15-20 high yielding stocks but as I'm looking to reduce risk my current position is size (market cap) is important.

Here's my stock screen v2.

  • Yield 4%>
  • Market Cap £1bn >
  • Div cover 1.2> 
    • I've reduced this from 1.5 as the generally accepted level varies upon industry. This will then require further review per stock against industry comparisons.
  • Years increased Div 5>
    • I've reduced this from 10 to 5. Only because it seemed a limiting factor. I will still favour longer periods but this is now the minimum to enter the short-list.
  • Payout Ratio <80%
    • Upped the maximum threshold from 60% to 80%. Again as per Div Cover this varies by industry. so will warrant further examination. I don't feel comfortable with 80+ no matter the industry though currently.
  • PE Ratio <18
    • Have upped this from 15 to 18. Currently it's the lowest priority of the factors.
Applying this screen to my list has returned about a dozen stocks. I'll whittle this down to a short list of 3 and look to purchase one on the 1st of March. (Aim is to purchase a new stock on the 1st of each month until I've got a portfolio of 15> to spread the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment