Monday 15 May 2017

#51 Taxman Going In Circles

After noticing some odd maths in the summary I received for my tax year I phoned HMRC back this morning to question further.

After 20 minutes of explaining my concerns I was told that in fact I didn't owe any money and that in fact HMRC owe me £700 and this normally takes 3 weeks to receive.

How can it change so swiftly and to such an extent with - to my knowledge - no or limited change!

It's very good news that the £4,700 is no longer being requested.

I can't relax and use the £700 when received though as I have little to no confidence they won't re-visit their calculation and come up with another different figure!

Still, if nothing else it buys us time to save up money... this really does just re-instate how important it is for us to create and grow an emergency savings fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment